It may seem like we’re getting ahead of ourselves, but the holidays are just around the corner, and the excitement is already building. In 2023, Santa and Mrs. Claus are back with more glitter, glee, and toys to continue the wonderful tradition of ushering in the holiday season.
The 42nd Annual Ford Holiday River Parade, a cherished San Antonio tradition, is set to light up the San Antonio River Walk with its spectacular one-hour parade. This year’s theme, “Holiday Stories,” promises to kick off the holiday season in true San Antonio style.
Always held on the day after Thanksgiving, this parade and river lighting ceremony will feature 28 illuminated floats and over 100,000 lights (2,250 strands) adorning the River Walk. The twinkling lights, which illuminate the River Walk from sundown to sunrise every day, will continue to spread holiday cheer until the weekend following New Year’s Day.
The ticketed parade will commence on Friday, November 24, 2023, at 6:00 PM at the Tobin Center and proceed through various areas (please check the parade map). For those who can’t join in person, the parade will be broadcast live at 7:00 PM at the iconic Arneson River Theatre.
Tickets for the Ford Holiday River Parade are now on sale. Prices range from $15 to $40 and can be purchased online. Many River Walk restaurants also offer exclusive dinner packages for parade attendees. Please note that tickets are non-refundable and non-exchangeable.
For those looking to enjoy the parade without purchasing tickets, several free viewing areas are available on the parade route. These spaces are available on a first-come, first-served basis and are located on the east side of the River Walk between Pecan Street and Richmond Ave.
Please keep in mind the following important details:
– Children aged 2 years or older require a ticket.
– Strollers, ice chests, and carriers are not permitted on the River Walk during this event.
– ADA tickets are available in certain areas of the parade route.
Parade Plaza: A New Viewing Experience
This year, AREA R-GA has transformed into Parade Plaza, thanks to the sponsorship of Taco Cabana. Parade Plaza is a new ticketed open-access viewing area with food and beverage options available for purchase both before and during the parade. Please note that this area is standing-room only, and chairs or outside food and drinks are not permitted. You can purchase tickets for this area on the Ford Holiday River Parade ticketing site or by clicking [here](#).
– Date: Friday, November 24, 2023
– Time: 6:00 PM to 9:00 PM
– Locations: Arneson River Theatre & a 4-mile route along the River Walk
– Schedule Highlights:
– 4:00 PM: River Walk closes to the general public
– 5:00 PM: River Walk gates open for ticket holders
– 6:00 PM: Parade begins at the Tobin Center and progresses through various areas (check the map for exact times)
– 6:00 PM – 7:00 PM: Pre-parade show for ticket holders at the Arneson River Theatre
– 7:00 PM: Lighting of the River Walk
– 7:00 PM – 8:00 PM: Televised Parade – Don’t miss Santa on the last float!
Join us for this timeless San Antonio tradition as we welcome the holiday season with glitter, glee, and the magic of the Ford Holiday River Parade. Please note that this parade on the River Walk is a ticketed event, so be sure to secure your spot early and make lasting holiday memories.