The Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT) is set to implement a significant closure on the I-10 Eastbound to Loop 1604 Eastbound cloverleaf, impacting commuter routes starting Friday, September 22, 2023, at 9:00 p.m., and lasting until Monday, September 25, 2023, at 5:00 a.m. This closure is a crucial step in the ongoing Loop 1604 North Expansion Project and will include a full closure of the Loop 1604 Eastbound (EB) mainlane exit ramp to EB collector-distributor (San Antonio/El Paso), a full closure of the I-10 Eastbound (EB) to Loop 1604 Eastbound (EB) cloverleaf ramp, and a partial closure of the I-10 Eastbound (EB) Collector-Distributor right lane.
What to Expect:
– Loop 1604 EB Mainlane Exit Ramp Closure: Commuters traveling on Loop 1604 Eastbound and seeking to access EB or westbound (WB) IH-10 will be unable to use the exit ramp during this closure.
Detour Information for Loop 1604 EB Mainlane Traffic:
– For those wishing to access IH-10 EB, a detour will direct you to take the exit ramp after La Cantera Parkway. You will then proceed to use the frontage road ramp near the Drury Inn to access the IH-10 EB frontage road. From there, you can re-enter IH-10 EB using the next available entrance ramp.
– If you’re looking to access IH-10 WB, the detour will guide you to take the exit ramp after La Cantera Parkway and proceed straight toward Vance Jackson Road under IH-10. Turn left at the signalized intersection and head WB on the IH-10 frontage road, where you can then re-enter IH-10 WB using the next available entrance ramp.
For IH-10 EB Mainlane Traffic:
– If your destination is Loop 1604 EB, take the prior exit to Loop 1604 WB. Proceed on the IH-10 EB frontage road and turn left under IH-10. Continue on the Loop 1604 EB frontage road until you reach the next available entrance ramp.
Nightly Full Closure from September 25 to September 29, 2023:
As part of the Loop 1604 North Expansion Project, TxDOT will also fully close the Loop 1604 westbound (WB) mainlanes from the Lockhill Selma Road exit ramp to the IH-10 interchange. This closure will be in effect nightly from Monday, September 25, 2023, through Saturday, September 29, 2023, between 9:00 p.m. and 5:00 a.m. The purpose of this closure is to set deck panels on the WB direct connector to IH-10.
Detour Information for Loop 1604 WB Mainlane Travelers:
– Those traveling on the WB mainlanes will need to exit via the Lockhill Selma Road exit ramp. Follow the detour along the WB frontage road through the Lockhill Selma Road, Vance Jackson Road, and IH-10 intersections, and you can re-enter the WB mainlanes via the entrance ramp west of IH-10.
Please be prepared for possible delays and plan alternative routes during these closures. TxDOT advises all commuters to stay informed about traffic conditions, follow detour signs, and exercise caution when navigating these construction zones.
TxDOT appreciates the public’s cooperation during these necessary construction activities and looks forward to providing improved roadways as part of the Loop 1604 North Expansion Project. Weather permitting, these closures are critical steps toward enhancing the transportation infrastructure in the San Antonio area.