April 18, 2024

“Home of the Puffy Taco” suffers fire damage

A grease fire was the cause of the fire at Ray’s Drive Inn which is known as “Home of the Puffy Taco” this Monday morning. Firefighters were called out to the 800 block of Southwest 19th street near Guadalupe Street around 8:30a.m.

When firefighters arrived, they forced entry into the building and found the fire in the kitchen along with smoke. The fire was quickly contained.

Ray’s is normally closed on Mondays so no one was in the restaurant at the time and an upper apartment above the establishment.

The damage estimate is unknown and the restaurant will not be opening tomorrow.