As the year draws to a close, downtown San Antonio gears up for both festive celebrations and construction activities that will necessitate temporary street closures. Motorists are advised to plan accordingly, as certain downtown streets will be closed to accommodate these events and construction projects.
Celebrate SA: New Year’s Countdown
On Sunday, December 31, 2023, Market Street, stretching from S. Alamo to Bowie Street, will be closed as part of the New Year’s Countdown festivities. Street closures are set to commence at 6:00 A.M., with all streets expected to reopen by 12:00 PM on Monday, January 1, 2024. Notably, access to the Marriott Riverwalk and Grand Hyatt will be permitted at Bowie and Market via a temporary two-way route.
To facilitate the event smoothly, the following closures will be implemented starting at 5:00 P.M.:
– Market Street will be closed at Presa St.
– Note: Eastbound Market Street traffic diversions will be in place, guiding vehicles south on St. Mary’s or north on Navarro. Access to the Hilton Hotel will be allowed.
– Northbound S. Alamo will be closed at Nueva, directing all traffic west on Nueva.
– Northbound Presa will be closed at Nueva, with traffic rerouted either east or west on Nueva.
– Eastbound Nueva will be enforced to head southbound at S. Alamo.
These temporary street closures aim to ensure the safety and smooth flow of traffic during the downtown events and ongoing construction. Motorists are encouraged to plan alternate routes and stay informed about the specific closures in effect during this period.